Saturday, May 15, 2010

"It's All Gonna Be OK"!

Did you ever feel like you just couldn't catch your breath? I keep trying to get better at this blogging thing...but not so much, right?

I guess what I'm thinking about right now, is how comforting God can be. The last month has been a growing season for me. I guess you could say it's been a "shrinking" season, too! I've lost about 6 pounds pondering all the "growing" God has issued to me. The best part of God growing me is the understanding that He wants to grow Me! It is a comfort to know that God wants to use me enough to grow me.

I tend to want to look forward past the "hurting" part of that growth and into the "lesson" part. I'd much rather learn my lesson quickly regardless of the pain. Oftentimes, if we don't learn our lessons the first time God gives them to us to learn again. No thanks!

I've been drawing my strength from Paul. It is amazing to me how the Bible can be so relevant to everyday life. I've been reading Phillipians for the past month. Over and over again. It's like a bear hug from a loving parent reminding me that "It's all gonna be OK!".

So, off to a new beginning we go. God has a new ride for us. I feel like I'm waiting in a really long line for it to take off....hmmmm I wonder what this will be like! But, I draw my comfort from my Lord who provides and sustains me every minute of my life here on earth. So, in the Theresa paraphrase from Phillipians... Hang On..."It's all gonna be OK!"

No comments: