Monday, December 1, 2008

Aaron's Baptism

Yesterday, Sunday, November 30, 2008 Aaron gave his life to Christ and was immersed into the family of God.

Adam and I are incredibly proud of him for his decision. It all happened something like this...

The previous Sunday night Aaron came to me and said "Mom, I need to talk to you tonight". I responded with the usual response "ok, let me finish this and then we'll talk". (I knew it was something important...funny how that "feeling" strikes you as a parent when you know it's definitely NOT something you should put off.)

I sat down and talked with him. He was able to answer all my questions and I believe he totally understood what was going on completely. I asked him how long he'd been thinking about it. He said "a couple months". When I asked him why he waited to talk to me or dad about it so long, he simply said that he "was suffering from stage fright". He was just scared to tell everyone his decision.

We encouraged him that everyone there loves him and can't wait for him to make this decision.

I asked him if he'd talked to Adam yet, he said "No, but I'm going to tonight." Him and Adam proceeded to talk quite a bit through sunday evening. First thing monday morning Aaron was ready to call the youth minister and meet with him. PHATROK sent home a booklet for him to work through and he spent an hour and a half completing it. Then he spent most of tuesday talking and hanging with PHATROK.


He was very loud and proud as he stood in the baptistry with PHATROK (our youth minister) and confessed his faith. Halleluia!! we rejoice with the angels!!

No comments: